My Titanic April Bullet Journal Layout

Thursday, April 2, 2020

Titanic bullet journal for April 2020

My bullet journal theme for April 2020 is Titanic because this month is about more than just staying at home.


Starting in January, for February, I began a bullet journal. If you're not sure what they are, just type in bullet journal on Pinterest. You will find a TON of examples.

They vary from gratitude journals to art journals to a planner journal that encompasses a little bit of a lot of topics. The latter is what I do. When my office closed and we all began working from home on THAT FATEFUL DAY in March (3/16), I determined to start filling in my April design immediately. You see, the idea is that you spend some of your time in a month creating your layout for the next month. And so on and so forth. I'm sure there are some people who design months at a time, but I like the freedom of thinking of what I want to do and being able to change my mind easily enough without ruining pages in my bullet journal.

My journal is a dot-grid journal. This allows me enough structure that I'm not staring at a blank sheet of paper. Blank sheets of paper and I are not friends.

Now, like I said, April is about more than continuing quarantine. It also happens to be the month of the Titanic tragedy which gripped so many hearts and continues to do so today. After deciding on the Titanic theme, the next step for my bullet journal was buying the Titanic Sticker Book

The Usborne Titanic Sticker Book


I am by no means an artist, so I was not going to attempt to sketch elements of that great ship. Stickers made life so much easier with the design, however, that is the only time I used stickers. I'm a little reluctant to purchase stickers for my bullet journal, actually. I can sit there and draw out habit trackers so why would I want to spend money on a sticker? Technically, the dots are there to give me a grid to draw on so the stickers, for me anyway, feel like cheating.

I do admire bullet journalers who use them though because their designs are lovely.

Now, on to my Titanic bullet journal pages for April 2020!


Titanic bullet journal for April 2020

Above is my main calendar at a glance, which I haven't filled in because, really, not much is happening in April for obvious reasons.

Titanic bullet journal for April 2020

This is my page opposite the calendar at a glance page. I chopped up the cover of the sticker book for the picture and the lettering. Clever, right!?

Titanic bullet journal for April 2020

Here's my Mood Tracker. This is a good way to determine how healthy you are emotionally and make adjustments as needed. I drew the iceberg and the Mood Tracker text. Yes, it is an iceberg, or at least, it looks like one to me. Perhaps a touch morbid, but April has a touch of morbidity about it this year so an iceberg almost makes sense.

Titanic bullet journal for April 2020

And here is my Habit Tracker. It's a solid way of meeting goals. Some people write out how many days you expect to spend on a particular habit that month, but I didn't bother doing that this month. I took the photos in the early evening which is why not all of my habits for April 1st are actually filled in. The only one I didn't accomplish for yesterday was walking 7,000 steps. Oh well! I really love how the header turned out for this one. I'm learning as I go.

Titanic bullet journal for April 2020

Feel free to laugh at my Movie Night page. I tend to start at the bottom of a page when inking in a design and I hadn't quite figured out the design for the film strips yet. Lovely. But at least the top 5 film strips look terrific! I like this header a lot too, so I'm thrilled to see I'm less scared about writing out headers than I used to be. There are 30 spaces for movies and each one will have a star rating. Some people sketch out stars to fill in, but I want to just draw the stars as I go.

Titanic bullet journal for April 2020

This is my Gratitude page. You take a moment and write out one sentence every day for something you're grateful for. This is my first time doing a gratitude page, but April is a good month to start. And I love that quote from Oswald Chambers.

Titanic bullet journal for April 2020

Finally, here's what my weekly spread looks like. For April I figured there was absolutely no point in doing two-page spreads. Nothing much is going to happen until at least the middle of the month so it would be useless to waste space. I have a little section for each day, mostly for work-related items, a TASKS section to cover the week for home-related stuff, and a BILLS mini-section so I can see at a glance what day my monthly bills need to be paid. I stole space to add stickers of Titanic's interior since the rooms were so gorgeous. I really love the look.

I will have an April Memories page to fill that last blank page on my final two-page spread, but I haven't set it up yet. Nothing of much significance has happened yet this month (big shocker, there!) so that page can wait a few days. 

But there you have it. The joys of bullet journaling! I've always felt like I should have a daily planner, but I've always hated them because they're so generic. This way, I can be me and let my bullet journal become what I need it to be on a month-to-month basis.

The Doris Day and Greer Garson blogathons both start in a couple of days so stay tuned for my blog posts!

Blessings to all of you and I pray that you're staying healthy and safe during this time!

5 comments

  1. I love your bullet journal - it looks amazing! My April calendar has a bunch of things crossed out...sigh...

    This is a great visualization for things you want to do/accomplish - well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was a fun way to pass the time and showed me how creative I can be with the monthly theme, so that was good.

      Just think, when May rolls around, you can cram even more fun stuff in your calendar! ;)

      Delete
  2. OH MY GOODNESS, THIS IS SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! You have totally inspired me to get a move on my own bullet journal! You are extremely talented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, that's very kind, thank you. I am still quite an amateur beginner, but we all have to start somewhere. You absolutely should pull out your bujo and give it a try! There are so many amazing design possibilities!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! You know me. Always love anything themed TITANIC. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments, which I adore!