Inspiration

Thursday, April 30, 2020

Lord of the Rings meme
Artwork by AuburnWolf91 on Deviant Art

I've loved Tolkien since I was fourteen years old and The Lord of the Rings since I was seventeen years old. The movie trilogy transformed my life in magnificent ways when all my sister and I could think of was the fear spawned by 9/11, the reality that suddenly our country wasn't as safe as we'd always assumed. This quote is as much for you as it is for me; a reminder that, in the words of Mr. Samwise Gamgee, "Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer." 

This time is hard. It's fraught with difficulties and loss, but that new day will come. Let this truth bring comfort to you if you need comfort today. God is faithful and his mercies are made new every morning. Bless you, all. ❤

2 comments

  1. I just watched The Two Towers a couple of days ago, such a good movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's an amazing series. It's been a while since I've watched it, but I should probably make time for it this month. So encouraging!

      Delete

Thank you for your kind comments, which I adore!