A Plethora of Christmas Ornaments!

Thursday, December 12, 2013

All right, so I promised at least a few people to post photos of my tree, so here you have it!


I don't use garland anymore, but strings of gold beads.
You'll probably see them up-close in the next photos.


Meet Jack Frost! He's the newest edition to my ornament collection, a gift from my sweet sister because I love Rise of the Guardians so much. She even gave him to me early this year!



I'm sure it seems odd having Titanic on my tree, but it holds a purpose. One, as a reminder of the great and beautiful tragedy, and two, as a reminder of the lovely day I spent with Caitlin, Charity, and others at the Molly Brown House in Denver. We were in costume and it was magical.


Bilbo Baggins on the left, in honor of The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug which hits theaters December 13th! And on the right, we have the Nutcracker Prince in human form. 


On the left is my favorite ballerina ornament, one that showed up in my stocking at least twelve years ago. And on the right is an antique postcard from the early 1900s. A gentleman was selling them at craft fairs last year. He framed them and everything, and it was just so beautiful I couldn't resist.


Caitlin found the ornament on the left sometime this year for me, and I found the pear at a lovely little antique store when I went for tea with friends.


Last but not least, the Hershey's Kiss a friend of mine gave me 17 years ago, when I still lived in Oregon. I was only about 11-years-old and I've treasured it ever since.

10 comments

  1. What beautiful ornaments and a beautiful tree! I love the ones that hold such a special story behind it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Anna. I'm glad you sort of gave me the opportunity to share them. I don't think I'd have taken photos of them if not for the Blog Party. :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely tree. It screams your personality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I particularly like the antique postcard, and Bilbo! (We went to the midnight premiere of "Desolation" it was so good!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That antique postcard encased in glass is really awesome. I love that it's one-of-a-kind.

      I saw Desolation this evening and am in absolute LOVE with it. As my most recent post can attest. :)

      Delete
  4. Ooh, I love your ornaments! My favorites are the Titanic, the ballerina, and the antique postcard! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My Titanic ornament really is one of my favorites. :)

      Delete
  5. Your tree looks beautiful! Luv all the ornaments especially the fandom ones - Jack Frost, Bilbo, the Nutcracker. My family hasn't had a tree in probably over 5 yrs, but this year we bought a little one and decorated it. I dunno why but just having a tree just makes Christmas feel more Christmas to me. I know that's kinda silly, but when you go without all the holiday hullabaloo for a while, it just feels more nostaglic when you have it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A tree does make the holiday season all the brighter. Was there a reason you didn't have a tree for all those years? My family uses artificial ones. When we lived in Oregon we could find real trees for under $15, but not so much anymore. I do miss the woodsy scent from a real tree, but I've grown attached to my artificial one.

      My fandom ornaments are a ton of fun! I've got more on the downstairs tree like Glinda the Good Witch, the Scarecrow, and others. But Bilbo and Jack Frost are my top favorites for the fandom ornaments. I have to find my Gandalf ornament. He's MIA right now, poor fellow!

      Delete

Thank you for your kind comments, which I adore!