Here are the rules when nominated for a Liebster:
a) Answer the eleven questions of the tagger.
b) Share eleven facts about yourself
c) Nominate up to eleven other bloggers
d) Ask those nominees 11 new questions
1. Do you have a favorite mug or teacup?
Actually, I have so many that it's hard to pick just one. I have a gorgeous hand-painted set of teacups from Japan that I adore, and that set is probably my favorite. I'll try to take a photo of it when next I do a tea post.
2. Are you an adventurous eater? (Do you try "strange" foods?)
Not usually, but I did try Ethiopian food for the first time only a few weeks ago and really loved it. Very exotic and flavorful, lots of spices!
3. What fandoms are you into?
Oh boy, there isn't enough time in the world for me to cover this and I would still forget some of them. The main ones are still The Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, and Star Trek, but I also love Teen Wolf, When Calls the Heart, and a new miniseries called Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell based off a book by Susanna Clark. Seriously though, there are a ton of fandoms I love, far, far too many to mention.
4. What famous author/book do you not really care for?
I'm really not fond of Hemingway, which is strange because I love Fitzgerald and you would think the two would be interchangeable.
Oh, and I've never really enjoyed Pride and Prejudice in book form. I enjoy film adaptations of it, but the book itself, not so much. Sacrilege of some sort, I'm sure.
5. What obscure author/book are you nuts about?
6. What's the oldest movie you've ever watched?
I've watched A Trip to the Moon by Georges Méliès from 1902, a stunning silent French film that I absolutely love.
7. What did you have for breakfast today?
Two sunny-side up eggs fried inside slices of orange bell pepper with melted cheese on top. Divine.
8. When did you first see your favorite movie?
The Fellowship of the Ring, seen the day after Christmas 2001, in theaters, with my sweet father.
9. Do you prefer fantasy or sci-fi?
I like both equally although I often find that very few sci-fi films live up to my standards.
10. What did you expect your blog to be like when you started it?
I think originally I thought my blog would be about my personal life, but to be honest, sharing too much about my personal life with total strangers makes me nervous, so I gravitated towards entertainment type posts instead, films and television especially. I didn't expect to ever have 48 followers though, so that's quite exciting.
11. Has it changed? If so, how?
Yes, it's changed a great deal. I'd never imagined I would write book reviews, yet here I am doing just that. I'm still not sure what I think of that side of my blog, to be honest. I also write, sometimes, about life as an ISFJ, and I'm not sure what I think of those posts either. It saddens me that they're always the top posts on my blog. I'd rather write something longer-lasting than simply advice on how to befriend an ISFJ when in reality, we're all different. No other ISFJ will be like me because they haven't had the same life experiences as me, which is awesome because that means, even with a personality type that millions of other people have, I'm still entirely unique.
11 Facts about Me
- I love attending the Colorado Renaissance Faire every year.
- And I go in full costume.
- I love the ocean more than the mountains.
- If I had the guts, I would quit my job tomorrow and take a driving tour of the country.
- I've seen Michael Bublé 3 times in concert.
- I'm tired of reading Christian romance.
- I would give anything for the Colorado skies to cease their hailstorms.
- A part of me never wants to leave home.
- Fandom t-shirts are my favorite, comfy attire when I don't have to impress people.
- I wish I didn't feel guilty about not liking everyone I know.
- And thankfully my faith is secure in Jesus Christ: my Redeemer, my Savior, and my Best Friend.
I gift the Liebster Award to the following 4 blogs:
A Shroud of Thoughts
Lady of the Manor
His Redeemed Child
And finally, my questions to these terrific bloggers should they choose to participate:
- Where do you go to decompress from the world?
- If given $10,000, what would you do with it?
- What is one major renovation you would love to make on your house?
- What is one movie that you love and didn't expect to love?
- What is the oldest knick-knack you own and what is its sentimental value?
- Do you own any books you keep out of obligation, but actually hate?
- How many countries have you visited outside of the one you live in now?
- Have you ever read only part of a book, but claimed you've read the whole thing?
- Dry climate or humidity?
- Sherlock Holmes or John Watson and why?
- Why did you decide to start blogging?