An overcast day in Colorado

Tuesday, June 6, 2023

We'd had an abundance of rain in Colorado for the last few weeks and it's turned our usually brown plants a very nice and lush green. It's not quite like Oregon, but it's still close enough that I'm enjoying the weather patterns right now. For those who don't know. I spent 6 of my childhood years on the Oregon coast, so I'm very familiar with wet and rainy weather. Folks in Colorado aren't accustomed to it so I can see a little emotional strain happening with all of the cloud cover.

I spent a good portion of the day today with my mother. We went to a local tea house that is owned and operated by a couple of Christian ladies. If you're ever in Colorado Springs, I highly recommend you checking out Festivitea. They have their own delicious tea blends and you have the freedom to be spontaneous because reservations aren't required for a basic cream tea. The cost is about $10 for a small pot of tea and a scone. The scones are very much American style, which is fine, and they're quite tasty. They do book full teas as well, but those require reservations. 

After we enjoyed tea, we browsed through Mardel, a Christian bookstore in town. My dad is an aficionado of Christian t-shirts that have outdoors or fishing Christian sayings on them. I found him a new one and a few other little items as well to finish out his birthday and Father's Day gifts for the year. I also bought a few books for myself by Jaimie Jo Wright. I've never read her work before, but since she writes Christian suspense and I'm an avid reader of suspense, I thought I'd give her a try. We enjoyed our time browsing and just spending time together.

I've had a little bit of chest pain today, or rather, it's not chest pain, but anxiety pressure, if that makes sense. It's probably because tomorrow I'll be heading to the first day on my temporary job and not heading up to the office where I've worked for the last 9 years. I'm not really bitter right now, I'm just sad because I know I'm not going to be helping proofread items for campaigns anymore, which is what I was doing for the last several months. It's just starting to sink in and it's feeling very strange. I am hopeful about tomorrow. It'll be good to stay busy, even if it's just for a few weeks, and get paid extra on top of my severance. 

All that is to say that I'm taking life one day at a time. I did rearrange my entire bedroom over the last month just to help make it something different. I got the artwork hung yesterday in conjunction with the new furniture locations. It looks really nice. I love twinkle lights, and having rechargeable batteries has made it much easier to just buy battery operated twinkle lights. It's a nice look. I might do a post that's more in depth and share a few pictures later on.

Until then, I hope everyone's doing well. Blessings to all my readers!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind comments, which I adore!