When the next two months look like a form of CRAZY

Friday, August 6, 2021

It's crazy how so many things seem to happen all at once. Like, if you're banking on one important thing happening, then likely at least one more, and possibly two will happen at roughly the same time.

The last time this happened was when I was going to college full-time, working part-time, and also in a local theatrical production of Pride and Prejudice as Charlotte Lucas. I ended up having a complete break-down at work, my mother being called by my concerned supervisor, and taking three days off in addition to having the weekend. It let me get caught up on sleep (that was a luxury during those few months of that play), and schoolwork, and then I was able to recover and be much more myself.

Thankfully, the crazy isn't that bad this time around, but I am also far more aware of my limitations than I was 10 years ago. When I need to step away from my job for a few hours, I do it. My job thankfully has that type of flexibility to allow me that luxury.

What's going on, you might ask?

Two things.

First, an updated system rollout for my workplace, switching entirely from an older version of software to a newer version. It looks and operates completely differently. Why does this affect me? Because I write the procedures for the processing department. That's my job, and I'm very good at it, and I have a team to support me and who I support when they need it. So that's all awesome. But it's still exhausting and intimidating sometimes when rollout after rollout keeps coming and my brain wants to go into overload. Especially if I'm only given a day to prep for something.

Second, my sister and I are buying a house. We close on August 31st. It's a charming home, all recently remodeled, and just perfectly suited to us. Even the neighborhood feels well-manicured and calm. We're so thankful to be moving out of the apartment lifestyle. BUT, the idea of moving and getting all the paperwork signed and not forgetting anything brings its own set of challenges and stressors.

I would give anything to blink and find that we're at the end of September and everything is finished and life is calm and we're making our first house payment instead of paying rent. But that's not reality. So until then, I'm taking deep breaths, throwing prayers God's way knowing that He'll catch them, and just remember to steal some downtime when I can. And push my sister to do the same. Nobody needs downtime more than her especially since her workplace has returned to the staff wearing facemasks. It's exhausting for her.

If you think of it, say a prayer that the next few months go smoothly. I hope I don't sound like I'm griping because that's really not my intention. Everything that's happening is wonderful, including the software update. It's just that it's all happening at once that is creating that added layer of crazy to our otherwise smooth-sailing lives.

4 comments

  1. I am beyond thrilled for you girls. I can just see adding some English Garden accents to those Lamb's Ears" and some picket fence pieces. You girls have probably been saving cut out pictures for a long time and have files full of the things you adore! Just think - you will be having fall and Christmas there! Hope you have decorating ideas too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Caitlin is planning to install a white picket fence at some point along the front, just to give it a bit more definition and privacy. It'll be extremely cute. We are definitely looking forward to decorating for fall and Christmas. We have so much decor and not enough space to put it all in our tiny apartment.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the house. It looks so cute! Will be praying that everything goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's a darling house and we're very excited and thankful. I'm sure that I'll be posting photos of the interior once we're all moved in and settled.

      Delete

Thank you for your kind comments, which I adore!