Help Me Decide?

Thursday, January 28, 2021


I'm participating in the Valentine's Day Period Drama Blog Party hosted by Heidi and I have so many ideas plunking around in my head that I just can't decide what to write! 

I'm limiting myself to 5 possible choices and would love your vote for your favorite option(s)! And if you don't have an opinion or are good with me writing anything, then that's fine too. 

What period drama would you like to see me tackle for the Valentine's Day Period Drama Blog Party


1) The Phantom of the Opera - because I actually really love Patrick Wilson as Raul and Emmy Rossum is darling as Christine. It's such an interesting film because it gets some things right and some things oh, so wrong, but they definitely got Christine and Raul right. 


2) Jane Eyre - the version from 1983 with Timothy Dalton and Zelah Clarke because this is MY version of Jane Eyre, a book I haven't even completely read yet. Isn't that dreadful?! But I absolutely adore this version of Jane Eyre. I used to think it was because of Timothy Dalton, but actually a lot of it has to do with Zelah Clarke. She is an adorably spunky version of Jane and she just pairs so brilliantly with Timothy. They've got intense chemistry.


 3) The President's Lady - a movie from 1953 about future President Andrew Jackson and his scandalous courtship and marriage to divorcee Rachel Donelson. Such a beautiful movie and one of my favorite roles for Charlton Heston and my first introduction to Susan Hayward who is AMAZING. I adore it, a truly radiant film with a lot of thought put behind the production and casting choices.

4) Persuasion - the version from 1995 with Amanda Root and Ciaran Hinds because this is really the only version I like so far. I feel they got enough right with this one that it works, and Amanda and Ciaran are darling as Anne and Captain Wentworth. I love the scene where she reads his letter. The Austen heroes and their letters!

5) Lorna Doone - The version from 2000 because it is pure genius and I adore it. Lorna and John Ridd are ADORABLE. Beyond adorable, even. This was my first introduction to Richard Coyle and I've never looked back. The man is a delight. And they are so stinking cute together!


Thank you all for your input! ♥

15 comments

  1. I'd especially love to hear your thoughts on either Lorna Doone or Phantom of the Opera, but I would enjoy any of your other ideas as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm having the exact same problem with this blogathon! So many options, I can't possibly choose! Right now I'm struggling between Fiddler on the Roof or the 2019 Little Women or something else altogether. I would really be interested reading what you have to say about Phantom of the Opera, The President's Lady, or Persuasion! Those all sound marvelous, though I've only seen the first one.

    Also, your blog look is so fresh and spunky right now! I love it! You're making me want to revamp mine...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm very happy with how my blog looks so I'll be keeping it this way for awhile. It's quite cheerful!

      Ooh, I would be interested in your take on Fiddler on the Roof. I haven't seen the new Little Women, but that could be fascinating. Whatever you decide will be marvelous, I'm sure.

      Thanks for your input! I think everything is tied right now!♥

      Delete
  3. I adore Persuasion and Jane Eyre (both the versions you choose are my favorites!)!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are excellent version, to be sure. Thank you for your input. I think at the moment all the options are tied! ♥

      Delete
  4. President's Lady or Lorna Doone would be my vote!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything has vote of 2 at the moment, so we'll see what happens. I'm drawn to The President's Lady or Lorna Doone myself so it may end up being one of those. We shall see! Thanks for you input. ♥

      Delete
  5. Those are all good and they are also tough choices, but I will go with Jane Eyre. ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your vote! This version of Jane Eyre is marvelous! Even if I don't write about it for this blogathon, I will have to write about it someday. ♥

      Delete
  6. I'll say Phantom of the Opera. It definitely gives the Valentines vibe and it's a marvelous read. Love how you did this post! Lovely!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thanks for your input, I've had so many helpful responses! At the moment PotO is winning!

      Delete
  7. Phantom, Jane Eyre, or Persuasion. I love all 3 of those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your input! I suspect it'll end up being PotO which is awesome because I've never really written anything for Raul and Christine before.

      Delete

Thank you for your kind comments, which I adore!