Lark Rise

Wednesday, October 7, 2020

I just purchased a volume of the complete Lark Rise to Candleford trilogy by Flora Thompson. These books are on my Classics Club goals, and I've learned that actually owning the book helps inspire me to read it. This way I'll have my copy so that sometime this winter I can snuggle down with a blanket, hot tea, and my cuddly cat and just charge through the trilogy.

Finishing the miniseries is also something I should plan. I end up starting miniseries and getting distracted partially through, but I really did like Lark Rise to Candleford so I can't remember why I stopped watching it. So strange!

Anyway, I'm supremely excited to have found the book for such a great deal. Now I just need a larger bookcase in which to put it! Oh, the hardships of a bibliophile!

Have you ever read the books or watched the miniseries? I'm hoping the books themselves are as good as I remember the miniseries being. 

4 comments

  1. I didn't know there was a book!! My family really enjoyed this show, my mother is a particular fan of Mr. Twister! Katherine still teases me about a certain someone who's name I will not mention because I don't know how far you got in the show!! Yes, you should definitely finish the series and tell us what you think and how it contrasts to the book. Ah yes, the woes of shelf space or lack thereof, I know it well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was shocked to discover there was a book series too! I'll add the seasons to my library holds list. I really do need to finish them. I remember, I think, that the postmistress is Lydia Bennet from the 1995 version of Pride and Prejudice. Am I remember that right? Anyway, she amused me immensely in Lark Rise.

      Delete
  2. I had to stop watching the show cuz it's not free on Prime anymore. I actually got this trilogy for Christmas too! But the MacMillan Collector's Library edition instead. I think it will be a fun springtime read for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet it's because it moved over to the BritBox channel. We have BritBox so I can give it a while when I have the time.

      That's so awesome you got the book series for Christmas! I love getting books for Christmas; so much happiness abounds!

      Delete

Thank you for your kind comments, which I adore!