Ryusei Yokohama recovered from Covid

Monday, August 3, 2020


Ryusei Yokohama


On July 20th, 23-year-old Japanese idol Ryusei Yokohama was hospitalized due to contracting COVID, and on July 31st, he was released. Hallelujah! I can breathe easily again knowing he's recovered. I've prayed for him every day since I found out.

With nothing less than the sincere respect for his country and his peers that I've come to expect from the Japanese, Yokohama-san was concerned about the burden his illness put on his fellow actors and business partners due to his 11-day stint in the hospital and is deeply thankful to the hospital staff who cared for him. According to his IG, he's encouraging people to continue washing their hands religiously and wear those face masks whenever going out.

This is why I like Japan, people. They're not imploding. People follow the rules because of the bigger "we/us" picture, not just the "me/I" that is so prevalent in America. Yokohama-san is 23 and it would never occur to him to do anything that would endanger others on purpose.

To date, I've seen 2 movies ( Wolf Girl and Black Prince and L♥DK: Two Loves Under One Roof ) and 1 drama series ( A Story to Read When You First Fall in Love ) starring Yokohama-san and I think he's got terrific promise. There's a certain mischievous wit and sarcasm he brings to the screen in a style similar to Kento Yamazaki that's just fun to watch.

In other words, he makes me laugh. Just like Kento. 

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind comments, which I adore!