Jane Eyre read-along coming on May 29th!

Tuesday, April 19, 2016





My friend Hamlette at The Edge of the Precipice loves her read-alongs and this one promises to be lots of fun!


Having never read Jane Eyre, I've always been curious how the book is when compared to the film adaptations that I love so much, mainly the Toby Stephens and Timothy Dalton versions. So this will be an enlightening experience, I'm sure.


I may not post my thoughts on the individual chapters here, but will on her blog. And I will definitely post a final review here. I encourage you, if you love Jane Eyre or want to read it for the first time in a group setting, come and join her read-along on this page.


In my mind I just know that I'll be comparing Jane Eyre with my thoughts on Wuthering Heights and The Tenant of Wildfell Hall. The latter I really need to re-read one of these days and actually write a review of it since it's one of my favorite classics of all time!


So come join us!

5 comments

  1. Thanks for the shout-out!

    I haven't read The Tenant of Wildfell Hall yet, isn't that awful?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I literally couldn't put The Tenant of Wildfell Hall down, partly because some of it's narrated by the hero and partly because the story was really open and honest about the destruction alcoholism can wreak in family life. It was brilliant. I wish I could say the same for the film adaptation. *sighs*

      Delete
    2. It's been on my TBR list for years. I will get to it one day. I will.

      Delete
  2. OH MY! YOU WILL LOVE THIS BOOK!!! I've read it three times. It is EXCELLENT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm glad to hear someone so enthused! I tried reading it several years back, but I think it just wasn't the right time. I've heard nothing but good things about the novel, and I already love the film adaptations that I've seen. :)

      Delete

Thank you for your kind comments, which I adore!