Visiting my BFF for a few days always results in my learning something new. Take, for example, the following:
- Sam Neill is adorable . . . even when running from deadly dinosaurs. A fact discovered while marathoning all THREE of the Jurassic Park films. My first time ever.
- Attached to example #1, if your BFF has a semi-psychotic cat, said cat will wait until the opportune moment of the dinosaur movie to leap at your neck and send you flying across the sofa.
- Antlers on the top of a truck (seen whilst driving around town today) and angel wings on the back of a hoodie (spotted on a motorcycle gal as I headed home yesterday) have a totally new meaning since watching a few episodes of Hannibal for the first time. Just . . . trust me, don’t ask.
- Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters is far funnier than I ever imagined, and my crush on Jeremy Renner spiked through the roof.
- It is possible to go the entire three day visit without mentioning Frank Langella (a record for us, I think).
- Everything is made better with chocolate fondue and a 2 liter of Dr Pepper.
- But above all, BFFs make the world go round.
I have lots of friends, but only one best friend outside my family unit. And when we have the opportunity to get together, it’s always a blast. We talk about everything from politics to nail polish and, I don’t know about her, but I go home with a contented feeling, knowing we’ve spent time together and uplifted one another as not only sisterchicks, but also sisters in Christ.
So, when you get a chance, go give your BFF a hug. Because they’re awesome!