Setting February 2023 Reading Goals

Wednesday, February 1, 2023


I don't usually set reading goals for myself since I technically fail at them. But I sense that setting them here and in my bujo rather than on Goodreads will have a positive impact. I would like to complete 5 books in February, just like I did in January (yay!).

Finish reading Emily of New Moon by L.M. Montgomery, for the We ♥ L. M. Montgomery Week that starts on February 20th, hosted by Hamlette. I'm already pretty much addicted to the book and am suffering when I have to put it down to do other things. So finishing it won't be difficult.

Read The House of Silk by Anthony Horowitz. Now, I haven't even started it so if I get a little ways in and find myself hating it, then I likely will stop. And I won't feel guilty about stopping if that happens. 

Read My Story! His Song! Blessed! by Sherman Andrus (a member of the gospel singing group The Imperials).  I bought the book at the end of January and I'm very excited to give it a read and learn his story. My parents raised me on gospel music so The Imperials played regularly in our home.

Read a kid's fiction or YA novel, my choice, whatever strikes my fancy.

Read a Christian fiction novel, whatever strikes my fancy. Maybe one by Camy Tang because she's a Japanese American Christian novelist and she wrote an entire Christian series featuring Asian leads. That's right up my alley, and I already love her style because she's written Regency Christian fiction under the name Camille Elliot.

How about you? What reading goals do you have in mind for February?

You can find my January 2023 List of Reads here!

3 comments

  1. I'll be really interested to hear your take on House of Silk. And any Camy Tang books you might read, as I've been interested in her for a while!

    I really need to reread the Emily books. Just might make time for them this year :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I am almost finished with House of Silk. I am not surprised by the outcome, not a bit which makes me sad, but overall I enjoyed it a lot. I'll post my complete thoughts in my February Reads post.

      And I loved most of Emily of New Moon! I'm looking forward to sharing my thoughts on it next week.

      Delete
    2. I don't like House of Silk because it deals with a subject I have a hard time dealing with, thanks to a combo of personal experience and being a mom. I'll be interested to see your fuller thoughts.

      Glad you enjoyed Emily of New Moon!!!

      Delete

Thank you for your kind comments, which I adore!