Japanese actor Miura Haruma dies at age 30

Saturday, July 18, 2020


Miura Haruma - rest in peace


Much-loved Japanese actor Miura Haruma was found deceased in his Tokyo home the morning of Saturday, July 18, 2020. It is suspected suicide since he left a note.


What can I even say at a time like this?

I never knew this man personally, but I have appreciated several of his films and consider him to be a top-notch actor. But we never know what's going on inside someone's head. 

All I know is that my heart breaks for the people he leaves behind, and for the reality that no one was there to stop him. That he felt so alone and hopeless that the only thing he could do was commit suicide.

I don't know the reasons left in his note, and that may never be released to the public.

What I do know is that Haruma leaves behind him a deeply grieving country and vast collection of fans. I have wept bitterly over him tonight, and will undoubtedly cry again. Such a senseless, devastating loss.

Remember to pray for the emotional and mental wellbeing of the actors you love right now. Haruma's death has made me remember that life is such a fragile thing.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind comments, which I adore!