Merry Christmas! & The Guest House at Graceland

Saturday, December 29, 2018


May you all have enjoyed a wonderful Christmas season, full of the light of Jesus, friends, and family!

So much, oh, so much, has happened. 

The main change being that my sister and I are now officially independent adults, rooming together in charming little apartment right around the corner from work. This change occurred in September. No longer living with my parents. I love them, naturally, but it was far past time to be in a place of my own. And while I might possibly be able to afford living without a roommate, I really didn't want to try. My sister and I are already know we can live together and this way we avoid being lonely and now our sweet parents can enjoy life as emptynesters but still seeing their daughters at least once a week. It's an ideal arrangement.

I visited Memphis in November with a dear, dear friend of mine, mainly as an Elvis tour, but we also stopped in Beale Street where the blues was born and then to the Lorraine Motel in memory of Martin Luther King.

We spent 2 nights in the stunning Guest House at Graceland, a decision I highly recommend to anyone visiting Graceland. The hotel is well-deserving of its high rating and we simply adored the subtle Elvis touches sprinkled through the building.



Stunning carpet patterns.


An example of the artwork on the walls, so shiny and so Elvis.


A fun and ridiculously over-sized purple plush sofa with gold pillows. 


Love the asymmetrical chairs in the lobby.


Complimentary peanut butter and jelly sandwiches were served every night!


What I like to call the reading nook.


A replica staircase from the one in Graceland.

Getting ready to eat at the EP Bar & Grill - DELICIOUS!


Our gorgeous hotel room!

There we go, just a small look into The Guest House at Graceland. When I get around to it, I'll share some photos of our time in Graceland, oh, and also, pictures from our visit to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. 

If you ever get a chance to visit Memphis, do it. The experience is beyond incredible!

6 comments

  1. Wow, that really is a gorgeous hotel!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Duly noted! I would 100% stay there. Maybe someday, I will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get a chance to visit someday. It's really a very fun, immersive experience. Like staying in a Disney resort while visiting the parks.

      Delete
  3. How fun and the beds looks comfortable too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, indeed, they were very comfortable! And it was a terrific experience. I can hardly wait to visit again.

      Delete

Thank you for your kind comments, which I adore!