Mini Book Review: A Thing of Beauty by Lisa Samson (2015)

Friday, September 22, 2017

Former child star Fiona Hume deserted the movie biz a decade ago--right after she left rehab. She landed in Baltimore, bought a dilapidated old mansion downtown, and hatched dreams of restoring it into a masterpiece, complete with a studio for herself. She would disappear from public view and live an artist’s life.

That was the plan.

My Thoughts

This is one of those books that I gulped down so fast that now I can almost remember nothing about it. I hate it when I do that. I do know that I loved reading it because it felt like it had a depth to the writing and story that I don't find that often.

But now I feel guilty that I can remember so very little, sort of like Lucy in Narnia when she read the story in the book of spells on that one island and then, once she had finished, couldn't re-read it because the book wouldn't let her, and then she could only remember vague images and snatches of the story. Just know that I loved it!

3 comments

  1. Ahhh, book-gulps. I have that sometimes too. I'm sucked so deeply into a story I inhale it in a couple of days, and then two weeks late can't really remember much about it at all.

    Anyhew, DUDE! I love your new header! Ever since I watched the 1997 Ivanhoe, I've been wanting to rewatch this Persuasion. Maybe next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My new header does make me very happy. I love this movie, so much, even though it's still not quite right. :)

      Delete
    2. Yes, I agree it's not quite right, but... it will do until a Practically Perfect in Every Way version comes along.

      Delete

Thank you for your kind comments, which I adore!