Goodreads Tag!

Thursday, January 21, 2016

I snatched this from Lois over at You, Me, and a Cup of Tea who I haven't been following for all that long, but do enjoy reading her posts.

Plus, it gives me an excuse to squeeee over the new banner my sister put together for this blog! She's awesome with graphics and I LOVE it!

Anyway, on to the tag itself, and I am an active Goodreads member so these are all up-to-date as of yesterday.

What is the last book you marked as "read"? On This Foundation by Lynn Austin. Which you can tell since my review is just prior to this latest post.

What are you "currently reading"? Three books are currently on the list, although I'm actively reading one, The Shock of Night, a fantasy by Patrick Carr that I'm really loving. The other 2 books are Lizzy & Jane by Katherine Reay and Once in a While by Linda Ellen.

What was the last book you marked as "to read"? Snow Day by Billy Coffey, but mostly because I intend to read all of his amazing books at some point and just added them all to my list last night.

What book do you plan on reading next? It needs to be Regina Jennings' At Love's Bidding because I'm reading it for the Bethany House Blogger program.

Do you use the star rating system? Oh yes, and I'm really honest about when I like a book or not. I don't mind giving a book 3 stars so long as I write a review that actually gives a reason for the rating.

Are you doing the 2016 reading challenge? Always. This year it's only 50 books because I have other stuff going on.

Do you have a wish list? Not really. When there's a book I really love, I'll just buy it. I don't often ask for books for gifts because I have that habit of buying them!

What book are you planning on buying next? Mm, no real plans at the moment. Maybe some of Camille Eide's books since I don't own any, they're all loaners.

What is your favorite quote?


Who are your favorite authors? I have plenty, but right now, CAMILLE EIDE is top of the list! I love that woman's work! Long-term favorite authors are Cornelia Funke, Tolkien, and Charity Bishop.

Are you a part of any Goodreads group? A couple of Christian fiction groups and a blogger book review group, as well as a Jane Austen group. I'm not entirely active, but sometimes I post.

What could Goodreads do better? Re-reads capability in the lists would be amazing! And their app could be improved to allow liking reviews from people that you're not friends with. Both of those things would be awesome.

7 comments

  1. Can I hug your banner? I love it!!!!

    (I do miss Dustfinger, though.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you may hug it. I've already hugged it many times! ;)

      Caitlin said she would make more than one banner for me so Dustfinger may return at some point. I kind of miss him too.

      Delete
  2. I am putting that Lynn Austin series on my list to read. I really enjoyed Lizzy & Jane and the author has another book out called The Bronte Plot (but my library doesn't have it yet!)
    Oh Dustfinger! Loved the Inkheart series - Cornelia Funke is so clever. I have them all on my shelf - may need a re-read, I think. Middle son is about read for them to be read aloud to him. That's one thing I love about having five kids - I get to re-read all my favourites over and over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister is 5 years younger than me and when she was little, I loved reading books aloud to her! Narnia, Mark Twain, all sorts of fun adventures. I even read her part of The Thief Lord. It's a great joy to be able to do that so I bet your kids love it!

      And yes, Dustfinger is amazing! I'm not 100% in love with the movie, but I LOVE their casting choice of Paul Bettany!

      Lynn Austin's series is pretty good, in its own way. It's funny how I like it and then not so much. I jut wavers. But it does it's good points so I hope you enjoy it!

      I'm listening to Lizzy & Jane as an audiobook and the narrator just drones on and on! I bet the book is great, but she's sucking all the life out of it! I'm halfway tempted to just pick it up and read it instead!

      Delete
  3. Whoops! Birdie, I'm so sorry, but I accidentally deleted your comment! My bad! Yes, I am very much enjoying Patrick Carr's latest book. It's fun finding a new Christian fantasy writer. They are few and far between!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to tell you your new theme looks awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was ready to try something new and simplified. :)

      Delete

Thank you for your kind comments, which I adore!