Remembering Tolkien

Wednesday, September 2, 2015


J. R. R. Tolkien
January 3rd, 1892 - September 2nd, 1973

My relationship with Tolkien began with a hobbit, one Bilbo Baggins by name. I was fourteen, browsing the shelves of my local library, and plucked an Alan Lee illustrated copy of The Hobbit from its space. My life is forever changed. Such a wide range of possibilities opened up, an entire new world of wonders. This lead to a glorious span of 4 years as The Lord of the Rings films were released where I eat, slept, and breathed everything Tolkien. Those years are long gone now, but my affection for this man and his stories will never fade.

2 comments

  1. Oh, goodness, I thought I commented on this weeks ago! I'm so sorry.

    Anyway, this post makes my inner fangirl sniffle. Thanks for a beautiful tribute to an amazing life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sniffled a bit while writing it. That reaction is totally understandable. :)

      Delete

Thank you for your kind comments, which I adore!