Kamenashi Kazuya gears up in 2023 for season two of the hit Japanese law drama, Seigi no Tenbin

Monday, January 16, 2023

Seigi no Tenbin tells the story of Takano-san, a defense attorney with a a vendetta against criminals due to personal loss in his life. Some think the character is better suited for a prosecuting attorney, but I disagree since Takano-san has to put aside his own prejudice in order to serve his ethically serve his clients. It would be so easy for a prosecuting attorney to just go full-tilt into revenge mode. It takes a bit more moral dilemma juggling for him to be a defense attorney. He has to plead for leniency, to put himself in the position of the criminal, to seek for compassion on their behalf. Season One of Seigi no Tenbin is deeply moving.

I know literally nothing about what Season Two might entail, only that I love, love, love Season One and have been hoping and praying for Kame to end up in a drama that would be worthy of a second season. I am so glad that Seigi no Tenbin is that drama!

For the morbidly curious as to my deeper thoughts on Season One, you can read my blog post here.

I am a long-standing fan of Kamenashi Kazuya-san, to the point that he's featured in my 2023 bullet journal as one of My Favorite Guys.

But aside from my personal fangirling, Seigi no Tenbin is just a really fabulous drama. It goes into the deep discussion of morality and ethics and can a criminal ever be so far gone that execution is the appropriate response.

Kamenashi aside, the entire cast for this series is brilliant, assuming it's the same cast of characters played by Nao, Oshima Yuko, Omasa Aya (another favorite of mine), Kitayama Hiromitsu (from the band Kis-My-Ft2) and Satoi Kenta. I certainly hope it's the same cast since I wouldn't have replaced a single person.

I highly recommend watching Season One, which you can find through the fansubber's site, MiaMaw Fansubs. You can go the softsub/raw method or you can join her site as a member (go here) for access to the hard-subbed episodes. Respect the fansubber, though, and don't spread the subtitles around online, upload onto thief sites, or claim as your own.

And now we wait in desperation for Season Two to drop!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind comments, which I adore!