Discovering Alexis Ffrench

Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Credit: Alexis Ffrench and Spotify

My time at Glen Eyrie was very well spent. I took scads of photos, but haven't had a chance to go through them yet. Once I do, I'll share some and post some thoughts.

Until then, here's a music recommendation for you in terms of something soothing that aligns with more of a self-care mindset.

I love piano music, always have. But I tend to forget that I love it until some new piece crosses my radar. So it is with Bluebird by British contemporary composer and pianist Alexis Ffrench. The first time I heard Bluebird, as in really stopped to listen as it was playing on the Amazon classical music channel, I was just blown away. There is such a haunting sorrow paired with hope in this piece that just moved me to tears. 


It's been a long year for a variety of personal reasons, but one good thing that has come out of it is finding the music of Alexis Ffrench. He has composed multiple pieces, and my favorite Amazon playlist is comprised solely of his work. I hope you'll enjoy listening and watching Bluebird. I love that he chose ballet as the accompaniment for the music video. A friend of mine has a beautiful teenage daughter who is training to be a professional ballet dancer. She is stunning to watch, and I love her passion for her work because it flows through every move she makes. Just like Alexis Ffrench and his compositions.

I listened to my Bluebird playlist a lot while I was at Glen Eyrie last week. Just like I am listening to it today as I work and just like I will continue to listen to it. The world moves at such a frantic pace now, everyone in a hurry to get somewhere, to do something, to be angry over this opinion or that social cause. We forget to just stop, close our eyes, and listen. I pray that for you today, that you would take time to just pause and breathe and fill yourself back up with peace because that can so easily be shattered and it require constant renewal. Blessings.

4 comments

  1. This is a beautiful piece of music. I wasn't expecting to like it so much, but I'll be seeking out more of his work! Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I love his work and I'm so glad we found him! Our cats listen to his music on repeat while we're at work.

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time at Glen Eyrie, it sounds like such an amazing experience! I love Alexis French's music, especially Bluebird and Dreamland, those two have been on repeat for me this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I'm so happy other people know his music! We don't really think of many modern classical composers, but we do have them and Alexis Ffrench is definitely my favorite.

      Delete

Thank you for your kind comments, which I adore!