Wondering Wednesdays: The Olympics

Wednesday, July 21, 2021

 


Welcome to Wondering Wednesdays, a weekly post to learn more about me and other bloggers. If you are a blogger, please join in every week. To learn more, click on the link below:

Wondering Wednesdays with A Baker's Perspective

Today’s Question: Do you enjoy watching the Olympics? What is your favorite sport at the games?

I would have to say yes except that my household doesn't have cable or local channels as such anymore, just streaming services. So I'll need to remember to actually get onto the Olympics YouTube channel and catch highlights of this year's Olympics. Even more so because it's in Japan!

For the summer Olympics, I love gymnastics, swimming, and track and field.

For the winter Olympics, speed skating and figure skating. I am soooooo jazzed about Yuzuru Hanyu! And almost 20 years ago, I remember cheering my heart out for Alexei Yagudin in 2002!! He's still my figure skating champion!!


Yuzuru Hanyu



Alexei Yagudin

4 comments

  1. My family loves to watch the Olympic ice skating, especially the couples ones! We also discovered we really like synchronized swimming, it is so fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, the Olympics are undeniably awesome! Ice skating has been a part of my life for almost as long as I can remember, so for at least 30 years or so. And you're right, synchronized swimming is fascinating!

      Delete
  2. I don't watch the Olympics, but I do like seeing some of the ice skating when people post it on Youtube.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Figure skating is lovely to watch. I only saw figure skating live once and it was stunning, but wow, so much effort goes into making those jumps. And when they fall, it is LOUD. Kind of terrifying.

      Delete

Thank you for your kind comments, which I adore!