Remembering Haruma Miura

Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Remembering Haruma Miura

 It's almost time.

Looking back, it's hard to believe that it's been almost a year since Haruma Miura's passing on July 18th, 2020.

Only 3 celebrity suicides have ever affected me in a deeply personal way: Jonathan Brandis, Robin Williams, and Haruma Miura. And Pete Duel too, I suppose, although his death happened long before I was born.

But for Haruma Miura, it still doesn't seem quite real.

He was just barely 30-years-old.

I'm sure Covid must have had something to do with it. It's messed so hugely with everybody. I know what it's like to have someone I personally know (a neighbor) commit suicide during this time. It's surreal and impossible, but also something you wake up to every day realizing that it did actually happen, whether I want to forget it did or not. I'm sure Miura-san's family and friends are still grieving his loss. Just as my neighbor's family will always be grieving his.

So in memory of Haruma Miura, I will be reviewing some of his dramas and movies in the month of July.

He was a lovely personality with a beautiful smile and apparently a deeply hurting heart. He deserves to be remembered.

If you are a fan of Haruma Miura, you can always leave a flower on his Find a Grave. ðŸŒ¸

2 comments

  1. So sad! I felt the same way with Robin Williams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robin Williams was such a hard loss. Just out of nowhere. And Jonathan Brandis. I grew up with his stuff so his death hit me the hardest. And poor, sweet Haruma. It makes me sad because I can probably add his death to the Covid stats.

      Delete

Thank you for your kind comments, which I adore!