Singin' in the Rain - In Theaters for 1 Night Only!

Monday, July 9, 2012


Don't you just love Fathom Events?! This is how I was able to experience The Lord of the Rings: Extended Editions in theaters and a special film about Elvis in concert before his death. They're special opportunities and may never happen again. And this time it's the 60th birthday of Singin' in the Rain!

You know the one with Gene Kelly in his iconic dance on wet streets with an umbrella that does everything but keep him dry. The one with the enchanting Debbie Reynolds as the girl who gives Lena Lamont an appropriate voice for talkies. The one with Donald O'Connor dancing on the walls! I mean, Singin' in the Rain may be the best musical ever!

So mark your calendars if you're a classic movie buff. It's coming up fast, on July 12th! So you know where I'll be this Thursday, in a theater with my mom and sister and wishing my dad didn't have to work that night. It'll be awesome!

3 comments

  1. When I saw this advertised, I knew where you'd be. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *laughs* That's me! When it comes to my old movies I am rather predictable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, the fact that you said if we ever do a Musicals issue of Femnista you wanted dibs on this film was rather a big tip-off. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments, which I adore!