Ten Favorite Screen Characters Tag

Saturday, June 27, 2015

I was tagged on this by Hamlette and you should have seen me frantically going back through her blog to find the instructions again! I couldn't even remember what day she tagged me. I am so bad!

Anyhooooooowwww, I found it, I'm doing it . . . YAY!!


1) Luke Skywalker (as played by Mark Hamill in please-tell-me-you-know-what). I can't even begin to describe the emotions that Luke invokes. He was my absolute top hero when I was 9-years-old, one of my first crushes, and I will always hold a little warmth in my heart for him. Mark Hamill is Luke Skywalker to me. Mostly because he's never really played anyone else in live action films. I even own the Star Wars radio dramas and Mark voiced Luke for A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back. I love him, yesterday, today, and forever.


2) Macgyver (as played by Richard Dean Anderson). If Luke Skywalker was my first love, then Macgyver was my second. I was probably eleven-years-old or so when I first watched Macgyver and I've loved it ever since, loved him ever since. Don't you just love how Mac can take a piece of string, some chewing gum, and a candy bar and save the world? He's the first environmentalist I ever encountered in my entertainment world and he's probably part of the reason why I'm very environment conscious. Plus, look at that face. RDA was nothing if not gorgeous!


3) Sherlock Holmes (as played by Jeremy Brett). I love this man so much. Both the character and the actor. It's not that I don't mind other versions, but it just feels like Jeremy Brett really captures the heart of the character. He was ill starting in the 2nd season and, to my understanding, through the rest of his life which does reflect in the series, but I never really mind it. He just brings Holmes to such vivid life. I adore him!


4) Captain America a.k.a Steve Rogers (as played by Chris Evans). I've heard rumors that other men have played Cap, but I don't care. Chris Evans is and forever will be Captain America to me. He embodies everything that is good and noble and hopeful in this world. He is selfless and righteous and he always puts the world ahead of his own needs. Even becoming Captain America was done so he could serve, not because of anything he could get out of it. Love him!


5) Gandalf (as played by Ian McKellan for The Lord of the Rings (2001-2003). Does this really need any explanation? I like wizards in general, but Gandalf was so special to me. I went with my dad the day after Christmas to see The Fellowship of the Ring, loved it, loved Gandalf especially, and that love has stuck with me ever since. There's something timeless about him that speaks to my heart and makes me wish I know a man like him.


6) Jesse Katsopolis (as played by John Stamos in Full House). Uncle Jesse is actually a new favorite. I was house-sitting a little over a year ago and Full House was the only thing on. I'd never seen it, but the moment Jesse walked on the set, I was hands down in love. Yes, I can be that petty! He's pretty, he's tough, but he's also got a sensitive core where his family is concerned. His emotional progression throughout the series kept me watching it. Without John Stamos, I really doubt the show would have made it past the first season. 


7) Hercule Poirot (as played forever and always by David Suchet). I've been watching episodes of Poirot for longer than I've been a fan of Sherlock Holmes. We watched them as a family when we lived in Oregon, at least 16 years ago, so that's saying a lot. I love his little quirks, his little grey cells, his tidiness, and his ability to reason everything out in his brain and be right 96% of the time. He's amazing and David Suchet has made the character eternal!


8) Stiles (as played by Dylan O'Brien in Teen Wolf). I like snarky characters. This photo may not show it, but Stiles is literally the King of Snark. He's the main reason why I watch, and love, Teen Wolf. If not for the brilliance that is Dylan O'Brien, Stiles would likely be a lifeless or worse, annoying, character. But thanks to Dylan, he is lively and fun and still keeps me returning to this show despite its downfalls. Stiles is ma main man!!!


9) Peter (as in the Saint, played by Adam Levy in A.D. the Bible Continues) If you thought that Uncle Jesse was a new love, Peter is even newer. How do you describe connecting so deeply with a character that you feel like you know them? I know Peter. Now when I think of this man stepping out of that boat in faith and walking on the water towards Jesus, it's this Peter that I see. This actor, the writers, whatever the reason . . . Peter is now alive to me, as he never was before. I see him, I empathize with him, and I love him. I read The Bible now, and I know him, really know him. It's the most incredible feeling.


10) Jack McCoy (as played by Sam Waterston in Law and Order). It was hard choosing my last favorite. And looking back through the list, I'm not surprised to see they're all men. But I picked Jack for a reason. He stands for truth by working in the DA's office. I don't like lawyers. I really don't, especially criminal defense lawyers. So when my bff introduced by me to Law and Order at least ten years ago, I fell instantly in love with Jack McCoy. Not for his looks or any physical reason, but for his reason, logic, and intellect, and his dedication to the law. Sam Waterston was brilliant in this role, and when I think of Law and Order, he's the first face that I see.

One runners-up that deserves a mention is Colombo, played by Peter Falk. I love that man!

Okay, so we're done with my happy little list of dudes. If you want to participate, consider yourself tagged, but no pressure. Thanks, Hamlette, for tagging me. Sorry it took me so long to respond, but it was a ton of fun! Loved it!

6 comments

  1. Peter got a mention? That's awesome. But he deserves it, because he's fantastic.

    Terrific choices, overall. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure some of them weren't a surprise. *winks*

      And yes, I couldn't ignore Peter. Not when the character has moved me so much.

      Delete
  2. All of mine are men as well. Several characters here I love! Uncle Jesse, Cap, Gandalf, and the Jeremy Brett version of Sherlock Holmes (as well as Holmes in general).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed yours were all guys and thought that was so funny and then mine turned out to be all guys too. Oops! I'm sure there's a ton of other characters I could have named in this list, but I think it captures my favorites pretty well. Those top two, Luke and Mac, will always be my first loves. :)

      Delete
    2. Yeah, the top 5 were super easy for me cuz they have long been my 5 favorite characters, but then narrowing the rest down was really tough. I wanted it to be more like Top Fifty, lol.

      I was actually thinking of doing a Top Ten Female Characters to accompany it, but haven't had the time yet.

      Delete
    3. And because you're one of my most beloved blogs, I've awarded you the Liebster Award. Details here :-)

      Delete

Thank you for your kind comments, which I adore!