Welcome to the Library

Saturday, October 16, 2021

 


We knew we needed 4 rooms.

Two bedrooms, a craft room, and finally, a room for a personal library.

While it might not be quite as grand as the Beast's library in Beauty and the Beast (that's our ultimate goal someday), it's still pretty awesome. This room had built-in shelves against one wall, the clincher as it were for us to really want this house.


As you can tell, we needed more bookcases (and will need more sooner rather than later).

We purchased the tv console right after the pandemic started last year because we had a gas fireplace at our apartment and this fit perfectly right in front of it. But we knew we wanted it in the library, so we purchased a fireplace log insert. It even has a heater, but mostly we use it for ambiance.


When the time comes, we'll pull the chairs away from the wall a little bit and add a couple more short white bookcases behind the chairs. The magazine holder has our Tea Time and Victoria issues.

That's it for now. We don't have the art wall up yet, but will at some point in the next week or so and then I'll share photos of it too. Blessings!

9 comments

  1. So many books! It looks so comfy and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOH! A library! Katrina, you are one of the only people I've met who has a room dedicated to being a library. LOVE. It might surprise you that I also have a library - mine doesn't have built-ins, but I do have 6 bookcases...and it's behind a secret bookcase door.

    Thanks so much for visiting my blog! Nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a cute library. I was going to suggest a bird feeder outside but I think I see one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments, which I adore!