My Blogging Life

Sunday, June 20, 2021


I know that I've been awol these last couple of months.

Most people probably figure out who they are when they're in their teens or early twenties. Not so with me. All of my interests, or a large majority of them, were influenced by others. A couple of those interests are probably genuine, but I don't actually know that for sure anymore. Except for my love of Japan, Stephen King, and psychological dramas. That's all me.

I also know that I got tired. Tired of trying to keep up with the trends, tired of wondering if I should keep my blog to a single topic like the entire world recommends, and tired of wondering what that topic should even be. Books? Classic Hollywood? Japan? England? When I really just want to write about what I want to write about when I want to write it and those posts will range over a variety of topics and themes.

So there will be no common theme for this blog other than its being me. That's what I've settled on. I write to get my thoughts and emotions out, not for any real greater purpose. It's a way of purifying my spirit and giving me an outlet. I'm not an influencer and I have no intention of ever becoming one. If I ever write something profound, it will be almost entirely by accident.

But my readers should know one thing and it's that my love of Japanese culture is here to stay. I won't apologize for it, and I won't stop writing about their entertainment, but I do understand if Japan isn't your thing. Don't feel obligated to reply to those posts. It's fine.

I will write about more than Japan, however, so feel free to interact with me on those posts instead. I'm still participating in The Classics Club so there will be those posts. I don't anticipate many classic Hollywood posts going forward since there are so many dedicated blogs to that topic. Unless I'm ever inspired by an unusual film. And no more actual book review posts unless it's for a topic that I'm strongly attached to, like fantasy books or (like I said) the classics.

There will be more introspective posts going forward. Introspection is something I find helpful so when I ponder something that might potentially be of use to others, then I'll share it. In my opinion faith and introspection go hand in hand and as I continue to learn more about myself and my walk with Jesus, I'm sure some nuggets of thought will present themselves as shareable.

Oh, and my Femnista writing days are over. It was time to move on.

Know that my faith in Jesus is still established and entirely genuine and authentic. He is my Lord and Savior and without Him, I am truly nothing. Lying at the bottom of a cliff and raising up my hands to Him is how I spend a great deal of my life. And the grace of God always lifts me back up. Because being a Christian means falling and relying on His strength to get back up and keep moving forward. The Christian faith is not for strong, self-confident people who never need any help. It is for those who cannot save themselves. That is me.

Enjoy this music from Bob Carlisle, one of my favorite Christian performing artists, and a real testimony to the Christian walk.

10 comments

  1. I like multi interest blogs and youtube channels best. I'm interested in many things and like learning new things from others. I think being well-rounded like that is the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's always a little befuddling when you research blog design and all of the "professionals" seem to think a single topic is the way to go. But that just totally does not reflect real life or real people. :)

      Delete
  2. It's great you have such an interest in Japan. I have a friend who hiked across Japan. Her husband hiked with her. It took them three weeks and an adventure one will never forget! Jesus loves you.🤗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really neat! My goal is to someday visit Japan, maybe 5 years out from now. I suspect that once won't be enough so I'm mentally preparing for it. No country is perfect, but I love Japan like I love Finland. It's got a beautiful consistency of thought and civic pride that I just find so appealing.

      Thanks for your encouragement. Some days end up being harder than others.

      Delete
  3. I never see a reason to limit my blogs to one thing either. Even though I do have one that's theoretically all about books, other stuff creeps in a lot. And my main blog is just... about me! Whatever I'm into at the time! Movies, writing, baking, gardening, whatever I want to post about. No one is paying us to write our blogs, so why feel like we have to please someone else? That way madness lies ;-) I'm here to read your thoughts on whatever you feel like sharing about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, that way madness lies in trying to keep to one theme for a blog. It just seems absurd, on many levels! We're multi-faceted as people and our blogs should reflect that. I'm halfway through re-reading Northanger Abbey so I know there'll be a blog post for that coming up. 😉

      Delete
  4. I love that you blog about a variety of subjects. My own blog is kinda all over the place, and your love for Japan was the reason I followed so I'm glad that's here to stay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you. It's been a weird thing trying to fully realize what fulfills me when I'm writing, and Japan is definitely one of those things.

      Delete
  5. I'm so glad to have been reading your posts in the last month! I now have a computer with a keyboard to be able to comment. I had been seeing you active on Goodreads so I was happy to see a post from you! I have no idea who I am yet, but the stories that I'm connected to at the time make me feel more alive. Sometimes those are just temporary and some are permanent, but neither is any less important! I love seeing your journey being you, whatever you write about! I love seeing all of the Japanese movies and stuff that you talk about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Chloe! Congrats on getting a new computer! Thanks for your encouragement, it's an interesting journey, discovering who we are as individuals, and then culturally as well. There is absolutely a lot of ebb and flow in our interests and inspirations. Things come and go, but some things do so more than once, and those are on a far more permanent basis. It's nice to remember that.

      Delete

Thank you for your kind comments, which I adore!