#justiceforgina - Supporting conservative actress Gina Carano after her firing from Lucasfilm

Wednesday, March 3, 2021

I've been pretty much disenchanted with the world at large since the mid-February unjust discriminatory firing of Gina Carano from the Star Wars series The Mandalorian by Emporer Palpatine a.k.a. Kathleen Kennedy.

I'm pissed that Disney hasn't done a damn thing about it even though the top shareholders are supposedly furious at KK's handling of Gina's firing. Who lets social media tell someone they've been let go? Really KK, really?

Does that mean the top Disney shareholders think Carano should be reinstated? Not necessarily. It just means they're pissed that so many fans are pissed because a lot of us are. Lucasfilm listened to the wrong "woke" crowd and now that "woke" crowd has moved on to the newest fresh meat, leaving the actual fans snapping and snarling at a franchise we used to love but that's been utterly destroyed because KK allowed her leftist political leanings to affect how she manages Lucasfilm. Unacceptable.

Have you gone on the Star Wars YouTube Channel? Do it for chuckles. 

The number of downvotes on any new content they're publishing is incredibly validating to me, as is the lack of any positive comments on the videos. Lucasfilm and KK currently deserve everything the fans are throwing at them. Star Wars is an institution that existed long before Disney took it over. They need to start listening to the people who actually love the franchise and would come back if it was treated with respect.

There are actually some of us who loved Gina Carano as Cara Dune in The Mandalorian and know it's discrimination for her to be fired over making a point about how fascism works. A lot more of us than I realized. It was refreshing to have a woman not scrawny as a toothpick in a strong, leading female role. And for the actress, Gina Carano, to actually be a conservative? WOW! That's a humongous shocker and was equally refreshing because it meant that maybe people could be hired based on their merit and not because of whose back they scratched.

What a crock, Disney. So much for your "we love strong women" vibe. Only if they go along with your agenda do you love strong women. As soon as they start to think for themselves, they're gone. I would love for an apology to Gina Carano and an offer to rehire. I'm not holding my breath, but it's what I hope for.

And if they won't rehire Gina, well, I just want Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni to take charge of Lucasfilm. That's all. They get Star Wars. They get the fans. They get and respect the rich history of Star Wars legends. It's what made The Mandalorian so good.

The toxicity that is Kathleen Kennedy has to go.

7 comments

  1. I still haven't processed the fact that they fired her.
    It's insane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is insane, absolutely. As if we all don't have enough going on right now just living through Covid, now we have this lunacy to deal with. It's so crazy!

      Delete
  2. I totally agree - this was a /huge/ mistake on Disney's part, and I wouldn't be surprised if they're already regretting it. I'm impressed with the way Carano handled it, though, and am looking forward to seeing what she'll do in the future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. Carano has been such a gem through this whole thing. She's amazing. I hope Disney's really feeling this like they've got a couple of infected teeth and the dentists are booked years out.

      Delete
  3. I just can't get over the hypocrisy of them cozying up to China who actually does and asks them to participate in or wink at genuinely inhumane (and that's putting it mildly) things, and then firing someone here for "wrongthink."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you. The whole Mulan scandal is so ugly, just, nasty beyond words. And of course there's the shrinking of John Boyega's image on the Chinese poster for The Force Awakens You can barely see him! Walt Disney might not have been perfect, but he wouldn't have partnered with Communists EVER.

      I'm still hoping for justice regarding Gina, but it's just a waiting game now.

      Delete
  4. I'm extremely angry about this. To the point of losing sleep at times. I loved Cara Dune, I loved The Mandalorian, and right now their behavior toward her for daring to have her own brain and her own voice is ruining my love of the show, and that hurts a lot. It was a bright spot in 2020 for me, and it's going to take a long time for me to get past this and see if I can love the show again. Breaking my heart.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments, which I adore!