Allow me a moment of giddy excitement

Saturday, August 8, 2020


My favorite guy is doing well!

I'm not on IG often since I tend to be more of a blogger than a social media/picture person, but I've been thinking of him ever since his latest song Nights Cold, released. Actually, that's not true. I've been thinking of him since I rediscovered my love of Japan in May. Two guys immediately came to mind when that happened: Tomohisa Yamashita and Kazuya Kamenashi. Kame was my favorite back in 2012, but Yamapi eclipsed him somehow.

In the whirlwind that is COVID, Yamapi's music has been a lifeline for me. I can physically feel myself destress when I put on one of his albums, and I'm especially in love with his latest single Nights Cold. He's fluent in English, which is awesome (wish I was fluent in Japanese, but that's years away), so Nights Cold is an inspiring blend of English and Japanese. It's actually available for purchase on Itunes or Amazon digital, and that's the first time I was able to purchase any of his music digitally. So cool! Thanks to YouTube, I've also now got my daily workout routine timed to Party Don't Stop and Pari Para, which profoundly amuses my sister. She's so good to me.

But really, Tomohisa Yamashita just makes my heart happy. You would think that a woman in her mid-thirties would be past the crush stage of life, but it hasn't happened yet. Probably because I'm single and have nowhere else to put the romantic attraction right now, which is fine. If I'm meant to be married then the right guy will come along. All I know is that every time I see Yamapi's face, every time I hear his music, every time I watch one of his dramas, I naturally break into a huge smile. He has made this time of COVID and social distancing and canceled plans seem not quite so bad, and for that, I hope I get to thank him someday. I don't know how, but he calms me. Whatever he has, it's a gift.

I'm also over the moon today because my DVD set for his 2008 series Buzzer Beat came in the mail from Amazon! Which, I hope, means that in my own small way, some of what I paid will actually go to him since it's official merchandise. Anyway, Buzzer Beat is my favorite of his dramas for so many reasons, but mostly because he plays such an amazing character. I've discussed this before in my Why I'm Letting Go of Personality Types post.

I know that I took a risk purchasing this set for two reasons. One, it might be bootlegged. I'm about 95% sure that it isn't bootlegged, so that's a relief. And two, it could have terrible English subtitles. But I trusted one of the reviewers who said the subs were good, and that person was spot on. To think that I can watch this series on official DVDs, in great quality, and with pretty awesome subs! I'm so excited I don't even know what I'm doing! Now I'm hoping that I might be able to purchase other DVD sets from the same company. I'm thinking maybe the Death Note drama series, not the movies, but the series, because it is INCREDIBLE. Kento Yamazaki was born to play L, that's all I'm saying.

Okay, since I just patted myself on the back for starting to learn Japanese, I suppose that I should actually go and study. It's not going to learn itself and I have to be diligent. After I go exercise. Since I patted myself on the back for that too.

Oh, and thanks to everyone who participated in my We Love Lucy Blogathon! It was a lot of fun, and I love how many people participated. As you can tell, my brain is back to its regularly scheduled programming of all things Japan. ❤

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind comments, which I adore!