Thank goodness it's 2018!

Tuesday, January 2, 2018



I'm one step closer to renting an apartment. Caitlin and I are touring an apartment tomorrow at a complex that really interests us. My sister is a good judge of character and she feels the assistant manager is an honest and forthright woman. I admit that I liked her a lot too. Not that she couldn't turn out to be a Patrick Jane in disguise, but still, the chances of that are really slim.

One potential hiccup to our plans to move right away is my car. It had some, shall we say, issues tonight. It's likely either the battery, battery terminals, or the alternator. None of which are very expensive, but there's always the possibility it's something bigger and therefore has larger charges attached to it. I'm praying for just a simple and easy fix. I'd hate to put off moving because I needed to pour $1,000 into my car unexpectedly.

Car troubles aside, it's been fun to plan a move with my sister. She's already bought 2 filing cabinets to house the family genealogy (she's the history major in the family), and now we're talking dining room suites and end table vs. coffee table for the living room. We already have most of the living room furniture already, thank goodness.

The only real thing I have my heart set on is hanging battery powered candles from the ceiling.

I know, it sounds crazy, but most Harry Potter fans are at least a little bit crazy. It comes with the territory. See, we hosted a Harry Potter dinner party back in May of last year and we hung candles from the ceiling over the dining room table. It was gorgeous, but only temporary. I'd like to have a much more permanent fixture in place. The apartment we're looking at tomorrow is all gung-ho about letting its residents hang stuff on the walls and the ceilings. That's another plus in my book.

It's just the 2nd day of 2018 and already I'm kind of wishing I were 2 more weeks into the new year. By then I'd either be moving into the apartment we're looking at tomorrow or we'd be looking at a different complex. I'd know what's going on with my car and either have it fixed already or in for repairs. My raise would have come into effect at work, and maybe, just maybe, the breakfast smoothies would be starting to have a slimming affect on my waistline.

But alas, no. Instead, I must wait. Why is it that waiting is always so darn hard? And it takes for bloody ever! Oh Lord, help me to cherish each moment as it comes. Every day is a day that I will never live again, ripe with possibilities to do Your good work. Help me to not get so worked up at moving forward that I stop seeing the forest for the trees. Amen.

3 comments

  1. Don't live in the past or the future.

    Our only guarantee is right now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your new header. ;)

    I'm excited to see what you do with your new place, once you find it. I'm coming over to crash for a night! We'll have a house warming or something!

    I do understand, though... once you decide to do something, it's hard waiting for it all to fall into place. You want to get on it RIGHT NOW. Or... yeah, that's me. So done with this, ready for the next thing! But patience is a ... virtue? I guess?

    I dunno. I'll let you know, if I ever get any. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patience is hard to find and usually even harder when you pray for it. I don't how the heck that is supposed to work!

      Still, I'm taking each day at a time and trusting that I'll sense when the time is right and my funds are at the highest volume possible before making a move. I'm really glad I didn't just leap into the first apartment we toured because then we'd be stuck and rather unhappy with the result.

      Delete

Thank you for your kind comments, which I adore!