Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Poof!

(Source)

Yes, the Star Wars post has mysteriously vanished! Of course, nothing vanishes entirely when you're dealing with the internet, but oh well, this is as good as it gets.

To be quite honest with everyone, my opinion matters very little on such topics and there is much wisdom in James 1:19-20 where it is written, "everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; for the anger of man does not achieve the righteousness of God."

You may not have noticed this before, but I'm still learning. I'm still extremely young and have extremely virulent and explosive passions when it comes to things that go against my personal belief system. But I am not always called to speak. In fact, most of the time I'm likely called to be silent, especially if my speaking may mar my testimony. And pretty much no part of my Star Wars post met the criteria listed above (except for T), criteria I find very convicting in its truthfulness.

So, if I managed to offend any of my readers, I apologize. Not for my opinions, which are mine to hold, but for voicing them in a way that did not uplift my readers or achieve the righteousness of God. Not everything I think or feel needs to be shared, and so I will attempt to never engage in political talk again on this blog. I will engage in faith-based talk when the need arises, but that's another matter entirely.

They say we learn by our mistakes. Here is yet another in a long line of mistakes that I must learn from. I certainly hope all of my readers know that I'm not perfect. If you didn't know it before, you know it now, and that's why I'm acknowledging my imperfections to all of you, apologizing, and asking for your forgiveness. May we look ahead to a bright future of blogging together that will likely include many, many, many more introspective and film-related posts that focus on the positive instead of the negative and hopefully leave politics out of it! ❤

6 comments:

  1. Everyone is passionate about what they care about. But it is wise and very true that we need to uplift rather than tear down. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, very true. Plus, it's not worth the headache. I think I'd much rather stick to far more positive topics instead. I'll be quite happier in the long run. ❤

      Delete
  2. Kudos to you! It can be so hard to learn when to speak and when to be silent, no? I have nowhere NEAR mastered that skill *sigh* Let's learn together! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm up for learning together. I suspect it will be a very long journey, but at least we want to please the Lord and guard our tongues so that's the first step, right!? :)

      Delete
  3. I didn't get a chance to read the post you're referring to (probably because I'm so not a Star Wars fan - at least not as of now ;D), but I'm sorry you encountered some trouble because of your opinions. That's tough. I've never been an opinion or journal (personal) blogger because it's always been hard for me to write about personal things or beliefs on the Internet. But like you, I do so enjoy writing happy, fun blog posts as I do. Plus, it's more enjoyable when things are kept fun. This way, hopefully, our readership can enjoy spending time on our blogs and enjoy it as a fun place to hang out for a bit. :)

    The important thing is to strive to keep learning. When we quite doing this, we're lost. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there needs to be a careful balance in our blogging. We don't want to just write fluff pieces with no quality, but we also don't want to be overly serious and opinioned either. It's hard to find that happy medium. And I do love fun posts, but I also like giving people food for thought in those fun posts too, something to help get people thinking. ❤

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...