Thursday, February 11, 2016
Period Drama Challenge - January Tag Questions
Yes, I confess to being a good, ohhhh, 11 days late in responding to this, but better late than not at all with these types of things. Plus, I thought it would be fun, which it was rather!
January Tag Questions:
1. What period dramas did you view in January?
I watched Beyond the Mask and Oliver Twist. Both of which I liked very much.
2. What is your favorite Charles Dickens film adaptation?
Mmm, I'm extremely fond of Little Dorrit with Matthew MacFadyen, but I also love A Muppet Christmas Carol. It's hard to beat Kermit as Bob Cratchit!
3. Would you rather visit Pemberley (Mr. Darcy's residence) or Downton Abbey (Crawley family residence)? Why?
I'd rather visit Downton Abbey simply because Pemberley can be any one of numerous houses depending on the version of Pride & Prejudice that you're watching. But Downton is formidable and stays absolutely the same through the entire series. Plus, it's gorgeous.
4. If you could be any character in a Jane Austen novel for a whole day who would you be and why would you want to be that character?
Surprisingly, I would like to be Emma Woodhouse. I'm not all that fond of her, to be completely honest, but she at least speaks her mind and doesn't really let fear dissuade her from doing something. It would be interesting to be her for a day and just experience the fortitude that must come with knowing one's own mind so completely. It's weird disliking a character somewhat and yet admiring them too.
5. What period dramas are you looking forward to viewing in February 2016?
Mmmm, I haven't actually given it much thought. Probably Murder Rooms and The Picture of Dorian Gray.
Although I am going to watch Risen on the big screen next Thursday, the ONLY night that it's playing in a theater near me. I've already blogged about Risen HERE, if you're curious. ❤