Sunday, January 31, 2016

Femnista: Classic Hollywood (Jan/Feb 2016)



What you have here is a superb collection of articles revolving around the films and actors of classic Hollywood, mainly the period of time between the 1930s and the 1950s, although there are plenty of 1960s films that I consider top notch classic Hollywood fare.

While I haven't fully read through the issue yet, I can already recommend the articles on Audrey Hepburn and Sherlock Holmes, which at this point is as far as I've gotten. Both of those articles struck a chord in me, and the one about Audrey reminded me how very much I love and admire her, both as an actress and as a woman.

My articles this time around are on James Cagney and the film East of Eden starring James Dean. Yes, I know two articles, but Charity was kind enough to let me write more than one since she knows how much I adore the classics.

I hope you enjoy this issue as much as the countless authors enjoyed writing it!

In this issue: James Cagney, The Philadelphia Story, Audrey Hepburn, Sherlock Holmes, Mae West, Sorry Wrong Number, John Wayne & Maureen O’Hara, The Honeymooners, Judy Garland, East of Eden, Norma Shearer.

Next issue: Keeping the Faith (March/April). See upcoming issues.

10 comments:

  1. HOW DID YOU GET YOUR LINK IMAGE TO FLIP PAGES LIKE THAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Good golly, miss Molly, that is so cool!

    Can't wait to read the rest of this issue :-D So many great topics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, as I'm sure you've already noticed, when you sign up for an account it gives you more options to customize how it'll post, including making it a flipbook. It's funny they make you sign up to do that, but oh well, such is life! :)

      Delete
    2. So I didn't actually go that far, I just did the "embed" thing and that still is way cooler than just posting the cover in my post. People can flip through it on my page if they click on it.

      Delete
  2. I think I figured it out!!! :-D (Sometimes I get ridiculously excited by figuring out how to do something with my blog. Either I'm easily amused or I'm getting old or both?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, I'm much the same way! I was over the moon when I discovered how easy it was to center my headers!

      Delete
    2. Hee! I remember when I figured out I could do html code in comment boxes and my links there didn't have to be big and messy anymore. Happy day!

      Delete
  3. Finally finding some time to read the issue -- and dude, I need to see One, Two, Three. Horst Bucholz! Too bad it seems to be unavailable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes! You are so right! I just actually bought the movie, not a good plan. I'm not even sure my library has it anymore. If I ever do buy it, I'll send it to you as a loaner whenever you have time to watch it. :)

      Delete
    2. ahem, "NEVER" actually bought the movie. Oops.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...