Sunday, August 23, 2015

Completing the Walk for Life in Colorado Springs!


For the unaware, this is a pro-life event I participate in every year as a way of raising money for the local pregnancy center called Life Network. Hundreds of lives are impacted and changed for the better every year and I am so blessed to be a part of it.

Yes, this happened back in June, but I'm actually getting the photos up, so go me! This is of me, on the left obviously, and my dear friend, Lynn. We've done this Walk for Life together for last 5 years or so and it's always such a great experience. In other news, I've dropped about 8 pounds since that photo so the shirt will fit much better now!


Needless to say, we were not alone. This isn't even a smattering of the people on this walk. There were at least 1,000 people there, possibly more, all walking around the lake in Memorial Park in Colorado Springs. It was a bit of a nippy day for it, but such a worthwhile event.


My heart literally floated out of my chest and hugged this dad and his son. What an incredible testimony he's living with his son right here, right now. These two were my favorite moment in the entire walk.


Woohoo, Lynn and I made it to the finish line! And then we headed off for lunch together. It was such an awesome day, even with the overcast sky. It's always a huge blessing when we're given an opportunity to make a difference in Jesus' name!

Rachel, my dear, thank you for giving to this worthy cause! *hugs*

4 comments:

  1. You're so welcome! That's awesome that it was such a big event!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the end tally for funds raised was around $375,000, which is incredible. I love it!

      Delete
  2. Lynn looks sweet. I'm glad you had a nice time. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...