Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Elvis Presley Octoberfest!



What happened to bring this on, you might ask? Well, my dears, I spent 3 days in Branson, MO and a glorious 2 1/2 hours with an Elvis tribute artist. No, they're not called impersonators anymore, something I learned while waiting in line for a photo with Joseph Hall. Those Elvis fans in their 60s adore their "tribute artists" and take great offense at the I word. On a random note, if you ever get out to Branson and happen to like Elvis, go to Joseph Hall's concert. He's marvelous on so many levels, not the least of which is that he's only 30 and he literally sounds almost identical to Elvis! It's uncanny!

Back to Elvis, not that I ever left the topic, but I'm going to do another blog party. This time it's not a blog hop, but if you want to participate, you can. The more the merrier.

Guidelines of Participation

If you do want to participate, just a few things to keep in mind.
  • If you choose to participate, please leave a comment on this post with your topic/s of choice and a link to your blog. I'll make a list on this post of any contributing blogs.
  • I don't care if people want to write on a topic or movie that's already been taken, so long as their post encompasses a different aspect of that film or Elvis' life.
  • All in all, simple guidelines!
Prepare yourselves for an awesome month with the King!

    10 comments:

    1. IMPERSONATOR.

      Sorry. Couldn't resist.

      I might join in, which would be something considering I've never seen an Elvis movie... that I remember, anyway...

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Well, if you wanted, you could always mull over his personality type. The other thing with Elvis is that he had two sides. He had the side that performed and gyrated in public, and then he had the side that kept his back-up singers up half the night singing hymns, which they didn't mind because they were usually Christian groups. His first big-screen kiss was nearly a mess because he and the girl both couldn't stop blushing! He was definitely a mixture.

        Delete
      2. Perhaps. I'm a little leery about typing real celebrities, though!

        That's very cute, about his first kiss. :)

        Delete
    2. So... it runs all month next month? I might manage to review one of his movies, either King Creole or Flaming Star. I also am participating in an Emma party, starting a read-along, and having my best friend over, not to mention my son is turning 7 (!), but if it runs all month and I don't have to specify a date, I could probably do that.

      Can I vague that up for you a little? :-)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yep, all next month,and if you want to review one or both films that would be lovely. My library doesn't have Flaming Star so I'm sort of curious if you decide to do that one too. And you can post it/them whenever you want. :) Sounds like you'll be having a fun month. September has sort of been that way for me so I know how that feels being so busy with fun stuff!

        Delete
      2. I own both of those, so if I happen to have time later on to review Flaming Star too, I will. Also, I might contribute something about my memories of visiting Graceland when I was a teenager. We'll see if I have time! I'll let you know if I decide to do either of those in addition to King Creole, okay?

        Delete
      3. That's so neat you've been to Graceland! It's on my bucket list, but I don't know when I'll get to go. I have a friend who went a few years back and just loved her time in Tennessee! So you write whatever you feel like writing, and whatever you have time for. I don't want you to feel pressured when I know you'll be busy. :)

        Delete
      4. Emma??

        *hops over to your blog to check out the links* OOOOH!!

        And, Hound of the Baskervilles?! I am SO IN on that! It's always been my favorite of the Holmes books...

        Looks like I'll be busy blogging in October...

        Delete
      5. Shiny! I plan to start THOTB on the 13th. I should really blog about that a bit to remind people, huh?

        Delete
    3. Totally going to watch and review his movie "King Creole" for this :-) Putting your button on my blog now!

      ReplyDelete

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...