1) When the room smells of sugar cookies it's because you left a vanilla candle burning on your dresser. Not because your sister is baking at 10:30 at night.
2) It is possible to sell something off Ebay less than half an hour after you posted it. Who knew the original Star Wars trilogy was still so popular?
3) MacGyver fans such as myself are just crazy enough to spend an hour of their lives making up a list of episodes starring Bruce McGill as Jack Dalton so they can reference back to them. There are 19, which you probably didn't want to know but now know anyway! :D
4) Only an Oregonian would jump up and down with glee over a delicious rainfall and then twenty minutes later when the sun breaks through ask "That's it?!"
5) Mothers birthdays are sacred so make them special. Mine is happy with my specialty of the house, Chicken Kiev, for supper and gifts of a huge bouquet of flowers and Poirot DVDs. It's really the love that matters!
6) Sometimes your sister's room will look like WW III just happened, especially when she's cleaning out her Mary-Poppins-carpet-bag of a closet.
7) Book clubs can be fun! Especially when the main character of the book went braless for an entire day and you spend 10 minutes discussing it with a dozen other women!
8) Turn on the lights before heading down the stairs. It'll save you from a lot of grief and a severely angry cat.
9) Life is good. Make the most of it!
Wednesday, April 11, 2012
Tuesday, April 10, 2012
There's a saying.
"Don't Sweat the Small Stuff, and It's All Small Stuff."
That's all well and good to say but I happen to be of a very different opinion. We have small stuff in our lives (like habits that include smoking, drinking, dancing in 4" red heels at a nightclub, French kissing when you really shouldn't because you're still single, etc.) Okay, so these aren't going to send your to hell. Some Christians drink and some don't. Some play poker and some don't. Christ holds each of us to different standards and so long as we follow His basic precepts of purity then it's probably okay to smoke a cigarette once in awhile. You won't find me doing it but who am I to say that you can't do it?
Monday, April 2, 2012
Click to launch the full edition in a new window
Self Publishing with YUDU
* This issue of Femnista covers the sadly too-brief Edwardian era. A lovely issue of thought-provoking articles that I encourage any historical fan to read. I'm not published in this particular issue but will be in the next with an article on the modest and meek Anne from Jane Austen's Persuasion. :)